Cana

The day began with breakfast at a wonderful little french bakery next to the Hyatt.  The food and coffee was delicious.  They also didn't flinch when the kids ordered coffee too.  They had bread all over in wonderful animal shapes.  The kids want to try to do this too.  Callie ordered the best french toast I have ever tasted, Brent got two mini Cinnamon rolls, but says next time he only wants one and then maybe a quiche.  I got a fresh baguette with jam and butter.  Yummy.


We got to the zoo about a half hour before Rebecca.  The kids decided that the souvenir that they wanted was a stuffed animal, similar to the build a bear thing.  They were quite cute and Callie also to a dress for her flamingo.  No names yet.  We watched the flamingos work on their nests and fight while waiting for Rebecca.  




After the other kids arrived it felt like we were racing again.  My left foot was hurting, I had stepped on the leg of a desk chair at the hotel and the side of my foot was swollen and bruised.  I hobbled through the zoo OK.  The zoo is really nicely set up.  It was small and easy to see everything in just a few hours.  


The birds on the net above the bridge made this feel like Jurassic park, except the only real danger was a little/lot of poo.  The kids thought this was hilarious.


We couldn't leave town with out another spring roll, so we headed back to the Talin market to try the restaurant across the street.  The rolls were not as good as the ones at the restaurant that shares the parking lot with the market.  The meal was OK, the fish sauce tasted watered down and they didn't use basil.  I will be going to the other restaurant next time.  
Labels: , | edit post
2 Responses
  1. Stephanie Says:

    Oh! This looks like a wonderful day!
    We're going to the zoo tomorrow, and how I wish we had a lovely french bakery for beginning our day! I'm drooling. Really.

    Sorry about your foot... I hope it's doing alright.


  2. Awioa Says:

    that sounds really cool. I am not sure i have ever been to that part of town. Will have to check it out next time I go.