Cana
So how does doing school at home differ in what Callie and I are doing?  Well most importantly I am not telling Callie she has to do anything, she doesn't.  She wants to do what she is doing, everything that she is doing.  She has even decided there are a few things she would rather skip, but the benefits for working through the tough things for her is worth it.  I asked myself if I would be OK if she decided to do something else tomorrow and when I said yes and meant it, I knew this was more about her than me; as it should be.  

We have decided to not use lesson plans.  First of all, I spent about 6 hours at the computer looking for the right lesson to fit what we wanted to learn and still couldn't find it, plus I wasted 6 hours.  I know that I don't have that kind of time.  Who does?  We are using a more individual approach.  We are starting off with the Big Bang.  What better place to start than the beginning!  We have found some hand-on activities that we want to do.  A interesting video from netflix staring our favorite Astrophysicist (yes we have one), and plan on looking for used textbooks at the used book store.  Callie plans on summarizing what she has learned and putting it on this blog.  

Here is a link to the outline page on our website 
1 Response
  1. Awioa Says:

    You know it is too bad she is still to young, I really thought the "History of the World, Part I" movie just told it all.