Cana
I am truly loving this application. One of the many challenges of homeschool, is that I'm not always available when the kids are ready to go over an assignment. With this valuable tool, there's a way to fix this. I love it for editing papers and working out problems.
So what is Jing. It does screen captures, then lets you edit them and send them as short video clips or pictures. I can edit a paper and make verbal comments the whole time and save it all at 4am. Callie can watch the whole thing around 1pm. She can hear my thought process as I go over each correction. If it's a simple, short assignment, a simple picture of the assignment that I can put highlights, text and editing marks on is sufficient. I can also use a whiteboard program to work out a math problem and use Jing to capture it so that Callie can see all the steps in the problem. It's ready when she is.

Here's a link to a much better description of what you can do with this great app. Oh, and the version I use is free!
0 Responses