Cana

Sometimes I wonder if Park Day is really for the kids.  Staying home now wasn't like when the kids were younger.  I was fairly isolated and us moms would have get-togethers just to hear the sound of a voice over the age of 4 and a conversation about something other than Blue's Clues.  Now I can come and go pretty much as I please, so the desperation is gone.  Yet this week the kids weren't getting their chores done and I was worried we were going to miss park day.  Since it isn't the social interaction that I'm craving, and the kids have plenty of friends, I realized it must be the shared reality of teaching our kids at home.  Talking to people who share my experience and understand what my day really looks like.  I think it must be like that for the kids too.  They have friends that attend school as well, but there must be an understanding between them and their homeschooled friends.  So I guess it is for all of us.  I make it a priority for us; it is more than just going to the park.



Labels: | edit post
0 Responses