Cana
This morning we all woke when we felt like it.  From my bed I could see Brent cleaning his room.  Something we had all agreed the day before needed to be done.  Callie was already watching Anime.  I nicely reminded her about the decision to clean our rooms today and she quickly began.  Brent reminded me that we were going to practice for the 5K walk this morning, so him and I headed out to map a 3.11 mile route.  After we got back JT had coffee made and Brent went and grabbed his bike.  Callie decided to sit this one out and work on her room.  JT, Brent and I headed out for a very pleasant walk on a beautiful, quiet Sunday morning.  Who says you need to be at a church to feel God's presence.  Brent is getting much better on his bike.  We only made it 2/3rds of the way when the call of breakfast was overwhelming.  

JT started cleaning the meatball mess from the night before and I headed to the store; remembering that we had just tossed my broken electric skillet.  I currently don't own a frying pan.  I got a cute new griddle.  Yes, kitchen appliances are cute to me.  I got home to a clean kitchen and soon the house was filled with the smells of bacon and french toast.  Brent was on the computer and JT was catching up on what he missed of yesterdays draft picks.  

Half way through cooking, Callie popped her head in to let me know her room was clean and ask if I needed any help.  She unloaded the dishwasher and set the table on the back patio for breakfast.  I am frequently astonished with how helpful my kids are without the tension of actual chores.  I am pretty sure they do more now and are much happier about it.  

Breakfast was lovely with lots of chatting.  Everyone helped clear.  After breakfast we all sorta did our own thing, sharing with each other anything interesting.  There was napping, video games, computer time, TV, movies, cups of coffee, meatballs, reading, writing, drawing, cuddling, gardening and more.

Nice day.  We have a lot more of them now that the kids are out of school.  
Labels: | edit post
0 Responses