Cana

This pictures pretty much sums up our week.  Brent has been tired enough to take some afternoon naps.  Both kids got sick by the end of the week.  I think they just took on too much and got a little run down.  

The 6-week binder system is working smoothly.  After 3 years of experimenting, I think this might be it.  Having said that I take the risk that next week we'll have a meltdown.  The binders have all the assignments for the entire 6 week unit, organized by weeks.  Instead of carrying around 6 weeks worth of work, the kids have small binders that just have that weeks' work and any incomplete work from previous weeks.  I grade a week after they are done completing it.  I no longer have to wait until they are done with their binders since they move completed weeks into the big binder when they are done.  I am also currently working on the next 6-week binder.  We begin the next unit on September 27th.  Brent will be studying inventions and Callie will be studying Ancient India.   I've ordered most the books I will be needing and am setting up assignments for each week.  Much less stressful than planning for tomorrow (or today) with the kids waiting.  
0 Responses